7.17 Surface Retarder Plus is a concrete surface retarder for concrete with strengths of 20 MPa and over, and on concrete under 20MPa in hot weather. When applied to the surface of freshly poured concrete it delays the normal hydration of cement for a depth of 3-6mm (and occasionally deeper), whilst the underlying concrete hardens.
It is supplied in 20lt containers, 200lt drums or 1000lt IBC’s.
Uses of 7.17 Surface Retarder Plus:
- Used to produce a uniform depth exposed aggregate finishes to in-situ and precast concrete (20MPa – 40MPa)
- Used in the construction of decorative exposed aggregate driveways, paths etc
- Most popular ‘spray-on’ surface retarder for precast concrete yards.
- It is also used to form a mechanical key at construction joints, eliminating the need for expensive and damaging scabbing
- For exposed aggregate finish on over 40MPa concrete we recommend using RB 7.17EX Surface Retarder-Plus EXTRA.