RB CJ-5000 Hydrophilic Waterstop
Rockbond Hydro-Stop® CJ-5000 Chloroprene Rubber Hydrophilic Waterstop is produced from a unique hydrophilic chloroprene rubber sealing compound which expands in a controlled fashion when exposed to moisture to form a gasket and compression seal inside the concrete joint, to give a permanent flexible watertight seal.
Hydro-Stop® CJ-5000 is capable of sealing heads of water up to 60 metres (6.0 Bar) in ground and saltwater environments.
Hydro-Stop® CJ-5000 is ideal to be used in horizontal and vertical construction joints for cast in-situ concrete structures and pre-cast elements.
Hydro-Stop® CJ-5000 complies to NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects, ensuring Hydro-Stop® CJ-5000 is safe for use in drinking water applications.
Therefore, it is suitable to use in various potable water retaining structures like water tanks, swimming pools and reservoirs.
- Excellent sealing capabilities against high hydrostatic head pressures in potable and saltwater environments.
- Provides a permanent, flexible gasket and compression seal inside the concrete.
- Available in a number of different sizes, shapes and profiles to suit the specific structure’s joint requirements.
- High quality, non-biodegradable compounded chloroprene hydrophilic rubber that provides long-term durability and integrity to the joint and structure
- Ability to expand up to 200% in contact with water and over 100% expansion in salt water.
- Has been tested to withstand over 60 metres (6.0 Bar) of hydrostatic head pressure.
- For use in many different types of applications but especially suited for water retaining structures where direct water pressure is applied against the concrete joint.
- Can be applied directly on to smooth concrete surfaces or rough surfaces with the use of a recommended adhesive.
- Unaffected by repeated wet and dry cycles.
- Non-toxic, requires no special handling and can be used in potable water structures.
- Fast and simple to install.
- For use in horizontal and vertical construction joints.
- No on-site welding required.
- NSF Certified for use in potable water applications.