7.32 Pipe-Lease is a chemical release agent, designed for use in the manufacture of spun pipes and for high pour applications where a more aggressive adhesion to formwork is required.
The chemically active ingredient contains fatty acids and these weak acids react slowly with the alkalies in cement to produce water-insoluble soaps. When applied at the recommended dosage, fatty acid-based release agents, based upon volatile solvents, leave a dry film on the surface of the concrete, which becomes the release agent.
- Adheres to the steel moulds where friction from concrete would remover traditional release agents.
- Provides a clean and easy release or “strike” without damage to either the concrete face or form.
- In the case of steel moulds regular use will inhibit rust.
- Has no adverse effect upon the form or the concrete surface.
Uses of 7.32 Pipe-Lease:
• 7.32 is effective on moulds for spun pipe production.
• High pour applications where friction from poured concrete risks removing traditional release agents.
• For use in applications where release agent needs to adhere more firmly to moulds.
It is available in 20 Litre and 200 litre non-refundable containers and 1000litre returnable pods.