RB 6.33 Retarding Admixture A1305
Rockbond Retarding Admix A1305 (RB 6.33) powder is a blend of special admixtures which has been formulated to retard the set of Portland cement based cementitious materials.
The compound will increase the consistency life and will retard the early strength development of Portland cement renders, mortars and non flow concretes.
The powder is ready to use, supplied in 10kg pails or 25kg plastic lined cartons, and has a shelf life of 12 months.
- Can be packaged in water soluble bags for convenient handling.
- Effective when either premixed with cement or quickly dispersed in the mix water.
- Rockbond’s Retarding Admixture for Non-Flow Cementitious Materials (RB 6.33) retards composite cements, including blends of Portland, microsilica, alumina cements, hydrated lime, pulverised fuel ash and blast furnace slag cements.
- Will retard the early strength development of cement based materials at high temperatures.
- Potent and efficient: can be used at low dosages.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, odour free, user friendly and safe to use.
- For applications where an increase in the workability life of mortars or non flow concretes are required.
- To increase the time necessary to mix, pump or place mortars at 20ºC or more.
- For use in hot climates or high temperature situations to prevent cementitious mixes from “going off” too quickly.
- To retard the set of non flow cementitious materials.
- For gunite and shotcrete spray applications in hot climates.
- For use with ready mixed concrete which has to travel over long distances.