6.08 Microsilica Powser A1501 is an ultra-fine cementitious powder which when added to Portland cementitious mortars and concretes, radically improves the performance of the material in both its plastic and hardened states.
Admix Powder improves the consistence, strength and durability of non-flow cementitious materials.
The powder is supplied in 25kg durable bags for easy to use and convenient handling but requiring controlled mixing.
- Ultra fine: produces a fine blend of graded Portland cement.
- Improves the performance of Portland cement, aluminous and refractory cements.
- Produces composite cements which are cohesive, thixotropic, non-slumping, non-bleeding and dense.
- Helps to prevent wash-out of the cement and breakdown of materials underwater.
- Enhances the tensile and compressive strengths of Portland cementitious materials.
- Produces homogeneous, low alkali cements.
- Eliminates alkali silica reactions (ASR) and reduces carbonation with Portland cement.
- Economical, non-flammable, non-toxic, user friendly and safe to us.
Uses of 6.08 Microsilica Powder A1501
- To improve the consistency and application rates of non-flow cementitious materials.
- For use to prevent bleeding and segregation, and as a pumping aid.
- As an additive to produce high strength concrete for structural applications.
- To increase the wear resistance of concrete floors and structures.
- For use in concrete to protect steel from corrosion in chemically hostile environments.
- Marine concrete and structures, chemical and fertiliser plants, food factories, cow sheds, and abattoirs.
- To reduce or eliminate alkali silica reaction (‘concrete cancer’) in concrete construction.
- For durable concrete in exposed hostile and extreme changes of climate.