CJ Form-Tie Waterstops are produced from a unique hydrophilic rubber sealing compound which expands in a controlled fashion when exposed to moisture. This forms a compression seal inside or around the form-tie system in the concrete structure, giving a permanent flexible watertight seal.
Available in a number of different sizes and profiles to suit the form-tie system. Once installed, CJ Form-Tie Waterstops forms a continuous barrier, making it ideal for preventing water penetration or egress.
Advantages of CJ Form-Tie Waterstops:
- Excellent sealing capabilities and available in many different sizes, shapes and profiles to suit the formwork form-tie system to be used. Custom profiles available upon request.
- Provides a permanent, flexible gasket and compression seal inside the concrete.
- High quality, non-biodegradable compounded hydrophilic rubber that provides long-term durability and integrity.
- Ability to expand up to 200% in contact with potable water and over 150% expansion in salt water.
- Has been tested to withstand over 50 metres of hydrostatic water head pressure. (Test report available upon request)
- For use in many different types of applications but especially suited for water retaining structures where direct water pressure is applied against the concrete and the form-tie system.
- Non-toxic and can be used in potable water structures.
- Unaffected by repeated wet and dry cycles.
- Fast and simple to install.
- Expansion is controlled via the built-in expansion delay system. The product does not pre-expand from the water in the freshly laid concrete of the wall, allowing the concrete to gain strength first.
Areas of application:
- Water Tanks
- Water Treatment Plants
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Swimming Pools
- Bund Walls
- Basement areas
- Underground Car Parks
- Stations & Subways
- Retaining Walls
- Pits & Manholes