RB 7.16 Surface Retarder
RB 7.16 Surface Retarder is a concrete surface retarder and recommended to be used on concrete with strengths up to 20 MPa. When applied to the surface of freshly poured concrete it delays the normal hydration of cement for a depth of 3-6mm whilst the underlying concrete hardens.
RB 7.16 Surface Retarder is supplied in 20lt containers, 200lt drums, 1000lt IBC’s.
- Used in the construction of decorative exposed aggregate driveways, paths etc.
- To produce a uniform depth of exposed aggregate finishes to in-situ and precast concrete.
- Provides an economical surface preparation to concrete that will be overlaid with plaster screed.
- It is also used to form a mechanical key at construction joints, eliminating the need for expensive and damaging scrabbling.
- For concrete over 20 MPa and in hot weather use RB 7.17 Surface Retarder-Plus