Rockbond 2.26 Shield HP is a high-performance cementitious coating system based on recycled glass, that has a high chemical resistance, a high wear resistance, and bonds to almost all substrates. Shield HP is ideal for use in water & wastewater treatment plants, dairy sheds, and other areas where high chemical resistance is vital. Shield can be used on most stable substrates including concrete, brick, block work, and steel.
This product is available in 10lt and 20lt pails and has a shelf life of 3 months when stored in cool, dry conditions.
How to use:
Apply with a roller, or a spray unit suitable for cementitious based products, to a thickness of 2-5mm. 2 coats maybe required to achieve this. If a second coat is required allow 3-4hrs between coats for the product to set – it should be firm to touch before recoating. Temperature and air movement can affect the set time, so allowances will need to be made for this. Each application of Shield HP will take approx 30 mins to become tacky at an ambient temperature of 16°C .Do not apply under 7°C ambient temperature as this could affect the cement setting. Shield HP may also be brush applied for smaller repair areas. Allow 3-4 hours curing, or until the product is dry to the touch before putting into service.
Common uses for 2.26 Shield HP:
- Wastewater Treatment and Dairy Plants
- Cow Sheds
- Concrete and Steel Structures
- Manholes and Pump Stations
- Wet Wells and Reservoirs
- Swimming Pools and Storage Tanks
- Other applications: Wall and Floor Coating, Acid Protection, Critical Bund Coating
- High strength and flexibility
- Environmentally friendly
- Adheres in damp conditions
- Adhesion strength >2.00N/mm2 on brickwork, concrete and steel.
- No priming required
- 3mm coating will provide a durable waterproof coating that is Acid and Alkali resistant
- Can be spray or roller applied.
- Drinking water safe (AS/NZS 4020:2005)
- 3 to 4 hours curing time
- Compressive strength >20Mpa whilst remaining flexible
- Sulphuric, Hydrochloric, Lactic acid and Hydrogen Sulphide resistant